Saturday, September 6, 2014

What's Growing: September

Folks often ask me: What's growing in my garden?  What to plant?  When to plant?  Here's a peek at what's in the garden.

What's growing?

Tomatoes are going to town!
Cucumbers are winding down.
Gourds, pumpkins, cantaloupe, acorn squash are plugging away.
Kale is tall and lush.
Rutabagas are getting too big.
Celery is still small.


What to plant?

Peas were planted today.  Should be warm enough for them to sprout but hopefully not hot enough to kill the young plants.
Carrots and celery were transplanted into the field from my raised beds.
Cherry tomatoes were squished underfoot while harvesting- a seed bank for next year.



To keep track of this all, I keep it in an Excel spreadsheet.  That keeps a written record of what I've planted, where, and when it came up.  A garden journal would do just as well.

1 comment:

  1. Peas, carrots, and celery did not make it through January :(

    ReplyDelete